Monday, October 29, 2007

Campbell Tests Draft & Smell Buster Bibs

Tim Campbell, president of Notre Dame Cycling, was issued a prototype set of bib shorts to test out over the next few weeks. The bibs, appropriately called the Draft and Smell Buster Bibs, consisted of very thin spandex in the rear panel of the bibs. This made the rear panel see through. The thin mesh also allowed for any sort of smells and emissions, oh so very common among cyclists when the pace gets high and control of certain body functions begin to cease, to vent out the rear.
Campbell was very pleased with the shorts. "I never had anyone sit on my wheel for any of the stop ahead sprints. No one was getting a free ride. Best of all, when I came back to the room to change, I noticed my bibs weren't smelling up my entire dorm room as usual. I picked up the bibs to investigate and as normal there was a brown streak, but no smell! Amazing!"
Ty Baker had only one word for the shorts, "Hideous."
The women on the team were oddly intrigued, but concluded that the smell and that fact that they were oddly intrigued meant the shorts were not a good thing. "I mean, its gross, but I just couldn't stop looking. It was kind of like a car wreck..." newcomer Meg Martin said.
The overall opinion for the Draft & Smell Buster Bibs on the team was a negative one. Perhaps Web Dude Mike Lavery said it best when saying "No one on the team wants to see, or smell, that."

Well, everyone except for Matt Prygoski - he likes dudes.

1 comment:

AdamB said...

Fantastic. I'll begin sculpting my butthair accordingly.